Thursday, March 26, 2015

Changing Things Up…

It’s a gloomy and windy day today so a change was in order.  Even I get bored sometimes and so I thought I’d showcase some necklaces I’ve gotten over the years.  Some have a story while others I just like ‘em.  I generally am attracted to silver if it’s going to be metal but my preference is old looking metals and leatherDSC03802…this one was rather unique.  Next I got a matching pair.  One for meDSC03803and one for her that’s smaller.  It was for our 20 year anniversary.  This is one of metal and leather mixed…I like it a lotDSC03804.  Next up my metal tri-cross and leatherDSC03805.  Here’s one with some historyDSC03809.  It’s a small cross on a silver chain I found in Thailand with the mock ring my wife sent me from the Philippines when looking for a wedding ring her in America.  Next up an ear ring on a necklace actuallyDSC03810.  A dear friend in Japan bought this for me when our family was in Tokyo.  This is one from a favorite company I found.  It was sold at a kiosk in the Mall of AmericaDSC03811.  If I remember it means “unstoppable force”.  This next one changes color…the center part doesDSC03812.  I found it in a little shop on the Oregon coast.  My dear adopted African brother who is affectionately known as “The Black Eagle” is who I considered when I bought this and added another eagle to it representing meDSC03813.  This next one I put together with parts from other necklaces I likeDSC03814…love the unique chain on it.  I don’t often wear chokers but I do like this oneDSC03815.  This metallic one has a petrified shark tooth on itDSC03816 .  Another one I found in Thailand…including the unique cross on itDSC03817.  It fills me with memories of elephant treks and refugee camps on the border of war torn Burma.  Next is one of fashion that reminds me of our trips to IrelandDSC03819.  This next one is a conglomerate too.  I made another combo necklaceDSC03820.  Last is a gift from my wife…totally uniqueDSC03821.  Well, that’s it for now, hope you enjoyed it.

4 comments:

  1. It was a windy and gloomy day here in Montreal as well, Joe. I enjoyed all the these items. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be worse I guess...some eastern states had tornadoes. Glad to share my friend...thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. The showcase some nack laces with over the years some have a story!
    your generally you are attracted to silwer but your preference is too old,the leather was rather unique,It was lot next up your metal tre crors and leather there's one with some history, Your wife wedding ring her in America and more things ....
    Joe has so much memorey of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right my friend, to love how something looks is nice but to love something with history is better.

      Delete