Thursday, May 10, 2012

Drastic Drop

Don’t panic when I’m talking about drastic things I’m meaning the changes in temperature and precipitation today.  Yesterday it was bright and in the eighties…truly amazing and now today it’s 52 degrees with 30 mph winds and now the rain has arrived.  I understand we need rain and such however I grow very weary of the huge shifts in weather.  I have to say I blame this for the sickness our family has battled with.  Lovely and my daughter and I are still struggling with the remnants of some kind of respiratory flu and that sucks.  I was hoping to get out today and get some brilliant sunshine and blue sky photos but such is not the case.  I have a few shots that are from better days but the rest are decidedly damp.  I remember as a young man one of my favorite things was the first days of summer vacation when the sun is shinning through the trees and you can hear the cheery call of birds outside.  I’m no longer that young however the sunshine making its way through the branches of the trees still stirs me somehow.  This may seem a little thing but this view always gives me hope..  I see that and I know it’s going to be a beautiful day!  Today’s view really isn’t at all the samein fact I’s the polar opposite.  I knew it would be a different day when I woke to the wind howling outside.  I thought why not get out there anyway and see what I could come up with for photos.  I do like to take pictures of water.  I know that I could capture this effect by spraying some water on the leaves but that just wouldn’t be the same for me.  This cluster of leaves came down with the strong wind and then caught rain as it lay on the patio.  The flowers take little to be happy and they look like they are soaking up every bit of rain and loving it all.  Note the blur caused by the wind with this shot…the Pansies couldn’t care less…this is the nectar of life to them.  I was finishing up my pictures when I was finally aware of the bird symphony carrying on with great vigor!  The birds figure they’re getting a nice bird bath…this weather doesn’t bring them down a bit…can you hear them

?  For those of you that have been getting soaked:  it can’t rain forever!

17 comments:

  1. hey joe! sorry to hear you and the family are still dealing with cold, or whatever it is. a suggestion, if youre up to it, is a spoonful of honey, with cayenne pepper on the tip. goes down smooth, helps burn out the yuck. soothing and effective. not good for little ones, as honey is too harsh for their digestive tracks. but cayenne is a very good remedy for the yuck.
    liked the pics!
    k☼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually love honey and spices however that does sound like a strange combo! That being said I think I'd much rather have that than this cold or whatever it is. Having posted this the sun looks to have broken through! Doesn't that just figure?

      Delete
  2. I hope you all get well soon!! The pics are great and I enjoyed the video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be good to be well. We're all better but the last bit is hanging on and it's annoying. Glad you enjoyed the pics and video. Those birds were thrilled once again today!

      Delete
  3. Hi Joe,

    Firstly love the bird song. I wake up most mornings to birds singing outside and it is good to hear. What is not so good to hear is the constant rain, I know we need it, but it does bring you down. However today we have sun and it is great to have that shining through the window. As for the flu and respiratory bugs, we have them here in abundance, with the accompanying chest infections for some. Do hope you and your family will be 100% soon.

    God Bless - Nita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The birds have a way of singing better feelings right into me. They never seem to be affected by rotten weather or lose faith that they're going to have a wonderful year and need to sing about it. Seeing them catching worms and such makes me wish they could catch the bug that makes us sick and give it the same treatment! Thanks for stopping by Nita!

      Delete
  4. Living with that symphony of cheery bird voices is wonderful. I listened to it three times. I loved it..I miss that here where I am now. I hear a robin once in a while mostly squirrels too. Sorry to hear you are still battling that crud..hope it goes away fast and never returns.. Happy Spring it will get warm sooner or later.God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We kind of live in the perfect place. Not too far from the city yet not so close that we lose things that nature has to see. Glad I could send some bird song your way my friend! Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. love the water drops Joe.. sorry your family is still under the weather.. its been strange for sure.. one day is beautiful.. warm and enjoyable.. the next day that wind kicks in..and gets bitter..
    but your right.. can't last forever.. "crossing fingers"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always know that you understand just what I'm talking about when it comes to weather dear neighbor! I has been soggy and a bit grey however it does look better for the weekend and the forecast ahead looks better so for that we rejoice.

      Delete
  6. It seems that ur not alone in this Joe..Many colleagues have this aso.Here its same as with u..Its may and we have wind rain and cold.then one day 24 C with rain Feels like Sri Lanka ( hmmm awesoem no?) and time goes by...We leave next friday for Marocco for a guided tour To taste the beauty and culture . Im ready for it..cos with this weather so many ppl get depressive. The foto with the waterdrop is supurb.I hope u and ur family will be 100% soon.
    TC Have a peacefull weekend.
    MJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like you've got an enlightening journey ahead of you my friend. I pray that it's a wonderful experience for you. I like the raindrop picture too. The flowers have been enjoying the weather much more than I have been! Have a great weekend as well!

      Delete
  7. Hey Joe, Sorry to hear this . Ive been ill with somekind of flu .
    Loved your photos. The water drop is stunning.
    Have a wonderful Sunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are making our way through this latest battle with illness my friend, thank you for your prayers. I appreciate you comments as always, thank you!

      Delete
  8. Rainy down here,too but the weather guessers are saying the sun will come back........sooner or later. take this as a sign that you're supposed to take the extra time to shake that bug, Joe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing is sure Chip: you've struggled physically but your photography has remained awesome. If the weather gets nasty I can always go to your page and be cheered by the humor...that chair comes to mind...and the photos...bless you my friend.

      Delete
  9. I swear it CAN rain forever. Sure seems that way to ME.

    ReplyDelete