Thursday, May 24, 2012

Beware the Brood

It has been a trying week again with job instability for Lovely and many in our church having various financial struggles.  It’s funny how weather can mirror the struggles of life.  We had nearly record breaking heat and beautiful sapphire skies then came the day of the famous eclipse (which we couldn’t see thanks to the weather changes bringing clouds) then the brooding grey returned and so did much cooler temperatures.  During all of this I taught in the church on Wednesday and try to encourage people and give the hope…sometimes I have to do this in the face of feeling very little myself but always God lifts me up if I choose the course of faith and not hopelessness. 

I sorted through my followed blogs the other day and was astounded at those that have either erased their blog or not posted in a year or more…where on earth to people go?   What happened?  So you might say that I kind of decided to return to my medication which these days has been my relationship with God and taking the camera out and taking in the simple things right there in front of me that some bring encouragement and help me stand through another day. 

 

Outside the weather still is battling and each day that can be seen with the clouds struggling to take over the Big Sky country.  Much to my chagrin this struggle of the clouds brought the worst of reinforcements in cold.  Our flowers seem unsure of whether to celebrate the needed rain or cringe at the cold.  The plants do seem to be doing well and I love to catch a glimpse of rain beading on the leaves that are happily growing.  I have to keep my camera outings close because it can start to rain at the drop of a hat and once it starts I don’t want to be out in it…Still there’s something about those drops and it draws me out again and again.  Now if only these tiny drops were actual diamonds rather than photographer’s gold I’d be set!  Just look at the treasure chest of drops on these leaves.  Look I’m quite generous…let me share some more diamonds with you.  I like this shot because it was different than the rest and used some kind of interesting back lighting.  Many of our flowers now are between blooms but there is a nice exception or two.  I was surprised to find a large bumble bee along my walk.  I didn’t think she was going to make it but after being very slow and sluggish she eventually flew off

 

Remember all that about the eclipse?  Well, I love to go out and see what the evening skies have to offer.  I love to catch things as the sun begins to sink…the light is really nice usually.  Another nice plus is the clouds and blue sky at this time.  Even when it’s washed out I find it reminds me of a water color painting somehow.  The eclipse just gave me another unneeded reason to be out with the camera again.  The problem was the clouds that have been here off and on were still here eclipse or not.  Is there an eclipse under all that haze?  I have no idea but it was sure beautiful

 

Now the brood has returnedand there’s not one thing I can do about it.  Guess I’ll look at the experiences thus far that remind me that it can’t last forever.  The pansies are doing well….this one was glorying in life itself.  Other flowers are biding…or is that budding their time?  I choose hope, I choose faith, I choose God and the skies that seem to point to a better day ahead!

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Joe. The words and the pictures uplift me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing could bless me more Beth! You are most certainly welcome!

      Delete
  2. Great pictures as usual, Joe! Love to see your stunning spring shots---especially the bee pics. I'm bummed because my camera gave out on me on our trip to the beach this past Saturday. I'm so glad you are still blogging and not relying on just FB. Puts me to shame, as I haven't been as blog-conscience as I should be. In fact, I think I, too, will be blogging more and FBing less in the near future. Thanks for posting these pics---a great start to a windy, blustery day here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sue, good to hear from you! I think one thing that has helped me is the schedule I keep with blogging. I only post once a week usually and take some pictures between blogs so I've got something when I do blog to spice things up. FB just doesn't do much for me for the most part...guess I'm old fashioned in this. 37 degrees and awful out for us...we had to bring the flowers and other plants in last night...ugh!

      Delete
  3. Yes in the face of much adversity at the moment, I seek to choose those things too. But it is a bit of a uphill struggle tonight. Maybe after a night's sleep, I will feel differently and more positive. Hope things improve for you and your family and that better days do lie ahead.

    God Bless - Nita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've observed your struggles via your blog my friend and I just keep believing for the breakthrough. Our struggles me differ some but for both of us I know we really need God to move and I know He will. Courage my friend, don't despair!

      Delete
  4. awesome shots, joe! and im still here, lurking around! im not going away, but i have been busy trying to find work, walking by faith, and now working. the covenant still holding fast. so im kind of random, and glad for a weekend and my first paycheck. in 9 months. ack! still, God sustained me, and His word proved faithful yet again. keep the promises befor you, and remember IIcor 1:20. and num 23:19-20
    k☼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This life is filled with much that is fleeting but the promises of God are fore sure yes and amen! I know you've been very occupied with things lately and understand that fully. I appreciate you stopping by Kirsten. God bless you my friend.

      Delete
  5. I like very much your blogging and beautiful your pictures.
    also MixPod are very happy with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michiko! What a joy to hear from you! I hope that you're doing better! I've thought of you so often and prayed for you. I'm glad you like the songs...I usually have a big variety...you never know what I'll have from week to week. Bless you my dear friend.

      Delete
  6. I Love that bee.. looks like its just sitting there waiting for you to capture its beauty.. and those clouds.. the light that is coming through their darkness is indeed beauty..you have flowers.. "smile". they are trying here.. so far I have only gotten a few tulips.. and some poppies.. the poppies came here a few years ago.. just out of the blew.. there they were.. also have a wild daisy.. that just pop up one year.. they are a constant reminder of God's love.. and His sweet fragrance that is offered.. even when the storms in life mirror natures.. I have always said that we are more connected to the weather than what we realize.. I love your water drops.. natures jewels for sure.
    I want to thank you for this post Joe.. times are trying... and its harsh wind seems at times it will blow me away.. thank God for Trees and roots like you.. "smile"..
    this to shall pass.. soft hugs..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're well named Hope! I always feel strength from you that gives me just what you're named for. I fully agree about the weather. We kept our plants in today and will wait for it to warm some. I guess the bright side is that the rain has brought out the night crawlers much to our salamander's delight! He certainly knows how to make use of the weather come rain or cold! We all need our roots like never before...maybe this is not such a bad thing!

      Delete
  7. Good morning Joe. I sure hope your weather improves soon. Take heart my friend and yes there will be brighter days ahead. I know weather can and does effect us in so many ways.
    You have so many beautiful pictures here. Love the light shining through the dark clouds and Natures Diamonds. I love bumblebees.They are always humming and buzzing. :)
    I hope and pray for better days ahead for you and I pray Lovely will finds a job she will loves.
    God will and does supply all our needs according to His riches in Glory.
    Have a Blessed Day.
    Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better days ahead for sure Dianne! We broke records for snow and cold at this time of year so it must get better from here! I concur with what you said at the end of your comment 100%! Bless you my friend!

      Delete
  8. the bumble bee My God What a foto Joe.
    I love that one.Its a moment.U never find this again to click.
    And abt the life these days..Well Ur giving others support to fight the life Although ur probably not feeling well.
    and where are our space friends???? i feel the same as u do.
    its like one after the other stays away. I feel sorry abt that.
    But Joe
    Keep the head up. life aint easy. ( that was the space title of Saurabh
    ( windows life time)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the Bumble Bee pic...she was very cooperative...so much so that I thought maybe she would die but she did fly off eventually. People come and go I guess...is it all sickness, narcissism or something negative that takes people away now? I don't really know...lots of things I suppose. I find that I particularly miss those that have died that I know of. It seems those that were the most communicative are gone thus the loss feels all the more potent. Best not to let the melancholy be the order of the day right?

      Delete