Thursday, August 29, 2013

Peace & Faith vs. Apathy & Hopelessness

I’ve learned to relish my times out of the hustle and bustle of current events…it comes rarely enough.  There are times when I envy nature and it’s march to what seems a different beat then the human raceDSC02677.  Wildlife seems to be doing what It’s done for ages oblivious to the things that now seem to make humanity tickDSC02678.  Man is so tied to happiness and the pursuit thereof but the Bible speaks of peace that passes all understanding.  Happiness is related to happening…what’s going on with you while the peace of God relates to something beyond what’s happening and what we understand with our natural mind.  I believe we all need that in the fiery trials we endureDSC02679but also in every day life.  Apathy is something we see a lot of today but I don’t believe this is anything like the carelessness of natureDSC02681.  Nature’s lesson is that things are operating by a divine planDSC02682while apathy is a surrender to the place of not caring.  I prefer a surrender to the Hand of ProvidenceDSC02683rather then giving up to the place where I don’t care about anything anymore.  We all walk the road of lifeDSC02684how we walk it is up to us.  I desire a peace beyond what I can understandDSC02685…a peace I can dwell in no matter the challenges of the dayDSC02686.  This is a spring not only I can drink from but others can be nourished byDSC02687.  Don’t become wearing in well doing my friendsDSC02688.  The door may appear locked tightDSC02689but the Bible says if we knock it will be opened unto us.  Rust may decay natural thingsDSC02690but faith is a hedge and a protection when all else failsDSC02692.  Here we can dwell and no safety when all appears lostDSC02693.  A used to think the windows of heaven were gilded and beyond my reach but now I view them to be as reachable as the faith God has already given meDSC02695.  We are not locked out of graceDSC02696nor have the ages corrupted God’s tried and true covenant with usDSC02697.  Faith is beyond a choice…it’s a binding covenant that holds me togetherDSC02699.  Faith and peace are in a place where our covenant to God is tethered to His graceDSC02700.  Whatever prickly situation you find yourself in I pray you find the blossom of grace that is always thereDSC02701.

18 comments:

  1. neat set of pics to go along with your thoughts. For myself, I am at peace with the world when my focus is on God. I cast my worries on him and let him guide me. When I have moments of trepidation, it is because I am not focused on God, other interests are in the way. The gods of the world have distracted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe that once again we're on the same page John.

      Delete
  2. Wow Joe this is some amazing introspection here...amazing thoughts and equally amazing photos. Wow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Keith, thank you man! I appreciate you!

      Delete
  3. A beautiful and inspiring post, Joe. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you Linda for stopping by, I always appreciate it!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful post Joe, narrative and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely post Joe. How wonderful it would be if the all of humanity lookd at life this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. I'm reminded of a line in a song I like that says: I used to try and change the world, now I try to change a little more myself.

      Delete
  6. You John and I are all three focused on the very things your= wrote and that John said and that I too have said but personally. I am of the same mind and heart as the two of you. How I would love to attend a service at your church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very encouraging to have you both on the same track...in fact I thank God for it Carole!

      Delete
  7. Just popping in to say Hi, life bit hectic at the moment, thanks for all your visits and encouragement. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nita, I appreciate you taking the time. I hope things settle down soon.

      Delete
  8. You have no idea how much I needed to read these words today Joe.. God bless you.. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I commented here on Facebook. But just the details that you capture. I see details in nature, but seem to fail to see them in objects. I am glad you remind me. Love all the peeling paint.Everything looks so old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ironically or not the aged look may be somewhat deceptive. The weathering on the paint comes from...well, weather as much as anything. Here in Montana extremes in climate are quite evident on structures...especially in the mountains.

      Delete