Monday, August 5, 2013

Going Botanical

What’s this?  A blog from Joe on a different day then usual?  Why would such an outlandish event occur?  Well, there’s several reasons:  1) I was messing around with Google + and managed to delete many of my photos there and they disappeared from Blogger as well.  2) I’ve long searched for a simple way to put music on my blog again to no avail…finally I think I found out how to do it again!  3) Why do tomorrow (or for Thursday) what I can do now? 

Florida, ah Florida.  The places to go and see something beautiful abound!  We visited some gardens that were so nice to see.  Just seeing the pathway into this one I knew it would be something specialDSC02537.  It was hot but the path ahead beckoned like an instinct that won’t be ignoredDSC02538.  Inside there were many varieties of trees and flowers.  My goodness I love palm treesDSC02539.  Bird of Paradise flowers always capture me with their exotic beautyDSC02540.  This butterfly ironwork chair looked inviting…but not in this heatDSC02541.  I’m not the flower or bird expert my grandpa and grandma Fahrion were but I know a beautiful flower when I see itDSC02542.  These flowers were like living fireworksDSC02544.  Can’t you imagine something like this on a 4th of July eveningDSC02545?  This place was not only beautiful but oh so peaceful.  Look at this wonderful wall muralDSC02546.  The bright and hot sun made for a harsh glare sometimes but I clicked away in spite of itDSC02547.  The shadows made the sunlight poking through a stunning contrastDSC02548.  If I lived abroad again for any length of time I’d find a way to grow bamboo…love the stuffDSC02549!  Other flowers reminded me of ballroom dressesDSC02550while other things were just weird and exotic to my eye…especially seeing it here in AmericaDSC02551.  I like colorful flowers but there’s a wonderful classic beauty in white ones tooDSC02552…what interesting plantsDSC02553!  Well, this is soberingDSC02554.  Yellow?  Coming right upDSC02555.  Some delicate shades suit me just fine as wellDSC02556.  Such stunning names to go with these flowers tooDSC02557.  Coming around the bend there was a bird stretching out to dry his wings…wowDSC02558!  I’m not quite sure what this is but I like itDSC02559!  Talk about flowers that pop out at youDSC02560…they remind me of coals and sparks.  Again some awesome bambooDSC02562and some bamboo stumpsDSC02563.  The color and symmetry of these just wouldn’t let me goDSC02564 .  What kind of bamboo is it?  Well, I’m glad you askedDSC02565.  Family made it all even betterDSC02566.  As we snaked our way around the area other interesting plants grabbed my attentionDSC02567…tropical petunia huhDSC02568?  Some other varieties of palms…hmm, they are differentDSC02570.  I love texturesDSC02571.  Beauty down on the groundDSC02572and beauty up aboveDSC02573.  It’s great being able to have things to see all aroundDSC02574.  I think they had at least four varieties of palms thereDSC02575.  Now we began to wind our way around to the parking lot again and Love had to get some shots of our friends and family inDSC02576.  I do love the tropics and tropical walksDSC02577.  We had still not seen a real live gator yet but this fake one looked pretty realDSC02578.  How nice to escape the tunnel vision of home for a bit…or did weDSC02579?  The last part of our walk had some interesting things to see tooDSC02580.  Mysterious glimpses through the wall gave it a surreal appearanceDSC02581and though we’d not seen any live gators yet there were reminders to look out for themDSC02582.  Unusual tall grass lined one side of the walkway  at this pointDSC02583.  Varieties of fruit were all around here tooDSC02585…what’s thisDSC02586?  I know what this isDSC02587.  This sign made me think we were destined to visitDSC02588.  Now the walk was quite forested inDSC02589.  Such amazing plantsDSC02590!  BananasDSC02592, bananas by the bunchDSC02593.  Even pineappleDSC02594!  I’ve not seen one growing since visiting plantations in the PhilippinesDSC02595!  Here were some unusual palmsDSC02597and an incredible blossomDSC02598.  The last photo reminds me so of the Baobabs of AfricaDSC02600.  A day to remember in Florida!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Joe, it is so nice to see a blog post from you! Those flowers are gorgeous. In fact, I really enjoyed this tour very much. And you did indeed decipher how to put music back on your blog! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to post out of schedule my friend ;) I've done a lot of searching on the music deal...some may not be thrilled but I am! LOL! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Joe this wooden walkway looks amazing! Love all of the sights here. I like the bamboo and yes that alligator does look super real :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know all too well the beauty of this state Keith! It was a joy to see and share it here with you.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful pics of FL! I especially loved the bamboo shots and palm tree pics. Great variety of flowers with stunning colors too! You sure do have an artistic eye, Joe! BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. Truly Florida is a very beautiful place and gardens such as thi one truly showcase it.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Those are lovely pictures. But then you always awe me with you talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most gracious my friend. Places like that make it hard not to rake a good photo. Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Wow I have never seen so many shapes, colors, texture and I would be clicking away at them all. Such a contrast from where you live, but that is the joy in traveling to somewhere different. Your eyes are always drawn to those little details that so many of us miss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel is always an eye opener one way or another for sure. I've lived in the tropics so it wasn't totally unique but still it's been a while...so nice to see stuff like this again.

      Delete