Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Melt is On

The warmth returned some and started to melt off some of the snow but with it came wind that doesn’t make the increased temperatures very pleasantDSC02243.  I really will be happy to have things warm enough where we can go out to our little patio in the back yard and see more than brown grass and melting snowDSC02244.  Some of the snow melted a bit and then froze so I expect it will be with us for quite a whileDSC02245.  The lava rocks help the melting process and leave some interesting pock marks in the remaining snowDSC02246while a visiting kitty left paw prints to show of his or her passingDSC02247.  I love the little islands of snow remaining on our sandstone rocks…it makes me think that before too long we may see that winter is surrounded and on the way outDSC02248.  For now the paw print of winter remains and I don’t see it leaving just yetDSC02249.

8 comments:

  1. I think winter has dug in its heels and will be around for another couple of months. I am ready for spring. Your pictures are great Joe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're likely right Beth, I've known some awful Februaries in particular and we're not even there yet. The pictures were kind of fun and quick today...tonight I just captured my first pretty sunset of the year...I'll post those next time. Blessings to you my friend.

      Delete
  2. little basins of water in the sandstone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today's snow is tomorrow's water my friend.

      Delete
  3. oh yes hard times for burglars U can follow the prints in the snow
    Our cat Chica is staying inside Only her nosegoes out for one second and then back in the house.Enjoy the weekend warm in the house like me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that cat was a real creeper! The prints were right outside our windows! It's a cold weekend for us supposedly but temperatures rise come Monday.

      Delete
  4. I'm always a little sad when the snow melts away :) I always want it to stay forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am usually far from romantic when it comes to snow...likely because here winters have a tendency to be long and very cold ;)

      Delete