Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sunsets Foreshadow Another Sunrise

I was feeling pretty bleak about getting any new photos today but braved the feeling of not knowing what to take a picture of and got out there anyway.  I’m sure glad that I did!  I was downloading the pictures and had completely forgotten that I was out a few days ago taking pictures of a wonderful sunset!  Now that the time is ahead again there is a kind of lighting that is different than any other time of year.  I knew it was going to be a good one so I remained outside to see what we’d get.  It seemed that each second provided a slightly different hue.  There were some golden colors at one pointbut as time moved on so did the color spectrum and pinks started to show more and more.  I remember owning an etch a sketch as a kid…this was like a giant one that had far more interesting colors available.  The skies brilliance effected the lighting of the entire prairie at this pointand the blue in the sky was effected as well  making it an impossible color.  Our evergreen tree was taking all this in with me…I thought I’d take a picture of it and forgot to disable my flash…still I kind of like how this turned out.  I prefer the pine needle silhouette though .  The light was fading and the trees are still bare so they remind me of black fishbone skeletons against the magnificent sky.  I love the view here from our house on nights like this.  This is the direction that most of our violent storms come from but for now it’s a sailor’s delight.  I crept over to the pond which is dry right now in the hopes of getting some nice angles.  It was worth enduring the smell of stagnant mud to get these shots I think.  I’m surprised water is not around by this time but it has been pretty dry for us.  Evenings like this still do something to me that I can’t quite explain…it’s like in spite of all the trouble in the world it can’t touch me here.  They say it’s always darkest before the dawn…that could well be so.  Ultimately it can’t be dawn at all until we’ve gone through the night.  There’s promise in rainbows that herald the end to storms but there’s also promise of the dawn to come after a sunset.  Bless you my friends.

17 comments:

  1. I liked how you said we have to go through the night first to see the dawn. Beautiful photos of your skies. I like both of the pine. I have enjoyed the last two days of beautiful 80 degrees and seeing the bluebirds and gold finches and Blue jays. The frogs are sounding off nights at the ponds and for two nights the coyotes yipping but last night was a howl. Wolf. So the coyotes disappear. I always love to read your blogs and appreciate your visits to mine. I just wanted you to know my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this year...seems the last couple years have been a real struggle for many of us one way or another but I know that it's a comfort to bring encouragement all we can to each other even via blogs. I truly envy your birds Toodie, I am still waiting on some more variety to show up around here! You're a true friend and I couldn't be more happy to know that you enjoy my visits...God knows I surely appreciate and enjoy yours! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Joe these are superb. They really are. You sure know your compositin, and you sure have a beautiful part of the Country to love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole, I have to say I feel kind of blah in my photography lately however a sky like that is pretty hard to screw up! We've yet to have a real storm yet...dry as a bone...guess I'll have to wait...once again: have a wonderful and safe trip coming and going!

      Delete
  3. Wow Joe! They just take your breath away. Those are so beautiful. Glad you decided to venture out anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too my friend. It could have been an ordinary evening if I hadn't walked out my door to see what was right there waiting to be enjoyed!

      Delete
  4. The photos are breathtaking. Good job Joe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Beth, I really appreciate that, hopefully I'll have more evenings like that to spice up the pictures. My goal is to always have photos but it's not always easy. You know what it's like to keep something going consistently in fact that often encourages me to keep pressing on.

      Delete
  5. There has been days like that here lately, especially with all the grey weather here. S'pose I could always find something in the archives, which I need to finish clearing out. One beautiful sunny day though yesterday made a huge difference. Almost seems like you could reach up there and touch those colours in the clouds of the sky - "the dust of his feet". Have a good weekend Joe&company("-")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always love that about the clouds being the dust of His feet...it make something that's already beautiful all the more so! Have a wonderful weekend too!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Just doing my best to brighten up your dark mood these days my friend!

      Delete
  7. So Peaceful, So Gorgeous Joe. I love all of them . The colors just are so calming. Thanks for posting your view.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    You have blessed me with these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that you've seen your share of fantastic sunrises and sunsets Lisa. There's something about it when the sky just seems to be showing off don't you think? Today was warm though grey. This has been a most unusual March...for once it feels like spring in the beginning of spring...we almost never have that! Have a great weekend as well my friend!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Oh my friend what an absolute joy to hear from you, I pray that you're recovering well!

      Delete